Last Updated: April 26, 2021
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information that, alone or in combination with other information in our possession could be used to identify you (“Personal Information”) as follows:
Information You Provide: We collect the following categories of Personal Information when you register and use the Services, request information about or a demo of the Services, sign up for our newsletter, or otherwise interact with Insurmi:
- Identification Information: We collect your name, email address, phone number, and account information (such as a password or other information that helps us confirm that it is you accessing your account).
- Financial Information: Our payment processor, Stripe, will collect the financial information necessary to process your payments, such as your payment card number and authentication details. Please note, however, that we store only a tokenized version of such information and do not maintain payment card information on our servers.
- Communication Information: We may collect information when you contact us with questions or concerns and when you voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or requests for market research seeking your opinion and feedback. Providing communication information is optional to you.
- Commercial Information: We may retain a history of the products you browse and/or purchase using the Service.
- Social Media Information: We have pages on social media sites like Facebook, Medium, Twitter, and LinkedIn (“Social Media Pages”). When you interact with our Social Media Pages, we will collect Personal Information that you elect to provide to us, such as your contact details. In addition, the companies that host our Social Media Pages may provide us with aggregate information and analytics regarding the use of our Social Media Pages.
Internet Activity Information: When you visit, use, and interact with the Service, we may receive certain information about your visit, use, or interactions. For example, we may monitor the number of people that visit the Service, peak hours of visits, which page(s) are visited, the domains our visitors come from (e.g., google.com, yahoo.com, etc.), and which browsers people use to access the Service (e.g., Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, etc.), broad geographical information, and navigation pattern. In particular, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
- Log Information: Information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site. Log Information includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Site.
- Device Information: Includes name of the device, operating system, and browser you are using. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
- Usage Information: We collect information about how you use our Service, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, and the time, frequency, and duration of your activities.
- Location Information: We derive a rough estimate of your location from your IP address.
- Email Open/Click Information: We use pixels in our email campaigns that allow us to collect your email and IP address as well as the date and time you open an email or click on any links in the email.
Information Provided By Our Partners: If you are an User, the Partner granting you access to the Services may provide your Personal Information to register you use or relating to your use of the Services. This Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, your name, email address, log-in information, phone number, and any other Personal Information our Partners may choose to provide.
Information We Process Through Violet: In order to provide the Services, we process the information and requests received via Violet, such as a request for an insurance quote or to submit a claim. The Personal Information about our Partners’ customers and end users that such made available via Violet is processed pursuant to our agreements with those Partners. We have no direct relationship with the individuals whose Personal Information we process on behalf of our Partner. If you are such an individual and would no longer like your information to be used by one of our Partners that use our Services or you would like to access, correct, or request deletion of your information, please contact the Partner that you interact with directly.
Information Collected from Third Parties: In order to market the Services, we may collect Personal Information about potential customers from third party lead generation services and publicly accessible sources.
Derived Information: We may infer your preferences for certain information, products, services, or assistance based on your communication with Violet and use that information to provide and improve the Services, including using non-identifiable information such as chat transcript data to train Violet.
On most web browsers, you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive a notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off. Please see the links below for guidance on how to modify your web browser’s settings on the most popular browsers:
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Apple Safari
Please note that if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of the Site and you may not be able to benefit from the full functionality of the Site.
If you access the Site on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through the settings.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may also use your Personal Information to contact you about information, newsletters, products, services, or suggestions you request or may be interested in. For instance, if you elect to provide your email or sign up for our newsletter, we may use that information to send you special offers. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails by following the instructions contained in each promotional email we send you. In addition, if at any time you do not wish to receive future marketing communications, you may contact us. If you unsubscribe from our marketing lists, you will no longer receive marketing communications but we will continue to contact you regarding management of your account, other administrative matters, and to respond to your requests.
3. INFORMATION SHARING
- Our Partners: Because we provide the Services on behalf of our Partners, we may share certain Personal Information with the Partners on whose behalf you are communicating through the Services.
- Service Providers: We will share your Personal Information with unaffiliated entities that provide services to us or our Partners in connection with the Services, such as companies that provide hosting and other IT services, send messages and emails through the Services or on our behalf, offer customer service, process payment information, or target and serve our advertisements. To the extent feasible, these service providers are subject to confidentiality obligations which limit their use and disclosure of such information.
- With Your Consent: We may share your Personal Information with third parties with your consent (if permissible under applicable law) provided at the time you provide us with information.
We may share non-Personal Information, such as aggregate or de-identified user statistics, demographic information, usage information, and related insights with our Partners and third parties, including industry parties, advertisers, content providers, and analytics providers, for our marketing and advertising purposes.
Our Services are not directed to children who are under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 16 has provided Personal Information to us through the Services please contact us and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
5. THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND SERVICES
Certain content provided through the Services may be hosted and served by third parties, including our Partners, and may include links to third party web sites or content over which we have has no control and which are governed by the privacy policies and business practices of those third parties. Please also note that our content and widgets may be included on web pages and web sites that are not associated with us and over which we have no control. These third parties may independently collect data. We are not responsible or liable for the privacy practices or business practices of any third party.
You use the Services at your own risk. We implement commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and organizational measures to protect Personal Information both online and offline from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from us may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Services or e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Information to us via the Internet. In addition, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services, or third party websites.
7. INTERNATIONAL USERS
The Services are operated in the United States and intended only for Users located in the United States. However, if you access the Site or the Services from outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect will be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using the Services, submitting any information on the Site, or otherwise providing us with any information, you fully understand and acknowledge this transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States.
9. QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS